even though my blog posting is not what you would call “frequent”, the awesome Kelly nominated me for the “sunshine blogger award”. really, i think she just loves me because we share an obsession with ProCompression socks and an intense fear of crickets but I’ll take it!
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
Here are the questions that Kelly left for me!
1. Favorite breakfast food?
Bacon, for sure. Or, do you mean full meal? Then probably a fried egg on gluten-free toast with an obscene amount of sriracha sauce, bacon, and a mimosa.
2. Biggest guilty pleasure (tabloid magazines? reality tv?)
Television of all forms, but especially Pretty Little Liars/Dance Moms.
3. If you could only have 4 meals for the rest of your life what would they be?
“Pork and green beans” (which is this fantastic Thai-style dish that has been my favorite food since high school, Shepherd’s Pie, chicken fingers + fries, and grilled cheese + tomato soup.
4. If you could only have 3 beverages for the rest of your life what would they be?
water, iced coffee, and Riesling.
5. Favorite musician or band?
Mumford and Sons or Justin Timberlake – they are too different to choose!
6. Favorite running distance?
5 miles! Not quite a 10k, but feels “long” in a good way.
7. If you had an unexpected night free, what would you do?
Watch tv, drink a glass of wine, and possibly bake.
8. Are you more city or country?
City, probably – I love the country but I’m not what you’d call country, even though I’m sort of from the boonies.
9. Best date you’ve been on?
I’m a big fan of what Chris and I call the “day-date” – we go to the movies at matinée time and maybe out to lunch before. Those dates are always my favorite because I love to go to bed early so I don’t like nighttime dates as much. My favorite one is probably when we went to see Scream 4, not because of anything about the movie, but because I had turned in my dissertation right before we left, it was Good Friday and beautiful out, finally, and I was DONE.
10. The craziest thing you’ve ever done. I am hoping for some great stories!
HA, well, those stories are not fit for the Internet In terms of appropriate things, deciding to go abroad for the semester in Australia was probably the craziest thing I’ve ever done – I didn’t know anyone who was going and it was so far! It wound up being one of the best experiences of my life – I’m so glad I did.
That said, you could argue that going to grad school was the craziest thing I’ve ever done… in a different way.
my sunshine choices (also known as the ladies+blogs that amuse/inspire me daily, even if they don’t read mine): Lindsay at Lean Green Bean; Brittany at A Healthy Slice of Life; Theodora at Losing Weight in the City; Cori at Olive to Run; Sarah at Once Upon A Lime; Jessica at Little Miss Runshine; Marlow at Gluten Hates Me (but I’m Surviving); Jessica at How Sweet It Is; Kelsey at Kels Gets Running!, Cheryl at Soak Up Life, and all of you who may be reading this and feel like playing:)
1. Would you rather stay up late or get up early?
2. What did you major in during college – and do you feel like you use it now?
3. If you had to give up either alcohol or coffee forever, which would you pick?
4. What’s your favorite TV show of all time? (you have to pick! no saying “there are too many!” like I would)
5. If you had unlimited funds, where would you travel first? Why?
6. What’s your favorite clothing/accessory item to shop for?
7. What’s your favorite indulgence – pedicures? massages? chocolate?
8. Looking back , what’s your favorite trip you’ve ever been on – where’d you go? What did you do?
9. What’s the last book you read (and was it good)?
10. As a kid, did you love going back to school or really dislike it?