Note: I had a big plan to come back with a post about the BAA 5K and how fun it was to watch the marathon, and then all hell broke loose. And then, just when things were getting back to normal later that week, we were on lockdown and I watched the news for 14 hours straight. I still don’t know quite what to say about what happened to this city that I love so much, that has been my home for my entire adult life (and most of my whole life), on my very favorite day of the year, so I’ll just leave you with Colbert’s thoughts on the subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzu76u34LQo and this – I was already planning on getting a charity number to run the Boston Marathon in 2014, because it’s on my bucket list, and that hasn’t changed, particularly because I have never been prouder to call Boston my home.
This is stolen from http://olivetorun.com/, and it made me laugh while I took a break from grading and drinking a glass of wine on a Saturday night (I’m so cool) to answer myself.
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon?
5K, but I’ve never run a marathon so I’m not sure if I can answer that accurately.
2. Would you rather run in the heat of summer or the icy winter?
Winter FOR SURE. You can layer and you feel like kind of a bad ass.
3. Would you rather have new running shoes or a new running outfit?
New outfit. Probably striped, or polka dots, or neon (or a combination, let’s be honest – I wear really tame clothes in my real life but LOVE obnoxious workout gear).
4. Would you rather run alone or in a group?
Usually alone with my music, but occasionally in a group.
5. Would you rather run next to someone in a race who tries to talk to you constantly or someone who breathes heavy and grunts?
6. Would you rather run a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
SWAG, clearly, as based on my race running decisions in the past 2 years (Disney, DC, soon to be Philly and more Disney…) .
7. Would you rather run a race with a group of friends or by yourself?
With a group of friends so we can meet up before and after
8. Would you rather run a PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
Finish strong for sure.
9. Would you rather eat a big meal the night before or a big meal after a race?
Big meal AFTER, preferably including mimosas and bacon.
10. Would you rather be chased by a swarm of bees or a pack of dogs?
Dogs, I really don’t like bees.